This privacy notice explains how Forest Forge Theatre Company uses your personal information and the ways in which we protect your privacy. This includes information collected by letter, email, face to face, telephone or online.
Forest Forge Theatre Company will never wilfully disclose individually identifiable information about its customers to any third party without first receiving that customer’s permission.
By using our services you agree to accept this privacy notice. This notice may be reviewed from time to time so please check back here each time you submit personal data to us.
What is personal data?
Personal data is information that can be used to help identify an individual, such as name, address, phone number or email address.
You can ask us to stop processing your personal data at any time. This may delay or prevent us delivering a service to you. We will try to meet your request but we may be required to hold or process information to meet our legal duties.
You are entitled to request access to and a copy of any information we hold about you.
If you find that the information that Forest Forge Theatre Company holds about you is no longer accurate, you have the right to ask to have this corrected. We may not always be able to change or remove the information. However, we will correct factual inaccuracies and may include your comments in the records.
What information do we collect and why?
We will only ever collect the information we need – including data that will be useful to help improve our services. We collect two kinds of information:
- non-personal information such as IP addresses (the location of the computer on the internet), pages accessed and files downloaded. This helps us to determine how many people use our site, how many people visit on a regular basis, and how popular our pages are. This information doesn’t tell us anything about who you are or where you live. It simply allows us to monitor and improve our service.
- personal information such as name, postal address, phone number, email address.
We collect this information in connection with specific services, such as being part of a Forest Forge Theatre group such as Act You Age or Youth Theatre, indemnity forms and medical information, venue booking enquiries, newsletter requests, ticket sales, competition entries etc. The information is either needed to fulfil your request or essential we have on record if you’re taking part in a Forest Forge Theatre service.
What do we do with the information?
We will use the information you provide to:
- fulfil your requests – such as booking a show, sign you up to a Forest Forge service, hire the venue or props, send you requested marketing material
- handle bookings and communicate with you about bookings
- if you have agreed to it, provide you with information that we think may be of interest to you for our mailing system, Mailchimp
- we track and measure activity on our website using Google Analytics. This does not track any personal information. Our Google Analytics is only accessible to Forest Forge Theatre.
Our online systems
Our website, emails and server are securely hosted by Amica Tech. The data received is only accessible to the person intended by logging in with a password. Our secure server is only accessible by staff of Forest Forge Theatre on computers that are password protected.
Payments to Forest Forge Theatre Company
When you make a payment to Forest Forge Theatre some details may be needed to complete your request and process your payment, this may include your name, email address, phone number, and postal address. We process payments through invoicing and do not hold your payment information. Accounts are stored securely.
In compliance with General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) from the 25th May 2018 we will only only send marketing information to people who have said that they agree to us doing so via an opt-in process. Those that already subscribe to our email marketing that have not opted in via GDPR regulations will be asked once if they would like to opt-in to this service. The option to opt-out of marketing communications will be available at all times. If you would like to receive email communications from Forest Forge Theatre you can sign up here.
Consent and medical forms
When taking part in a theatre activity such as a workshop, Youth Theatre and Act Your Age you will be asked to complete a consent and medical form online during the initial sign up. These details are essential for you to take part. Your information will be stored securely on Forest Forge’s secure server and may be printed and stored in a locked filing cabinet only accessible by senior staff on-site at Forest Forge Theatre. We will not pass your details on to anyone and once you have finished attending a Forest Forge group your details will be deleted and destroyed.
What we don’t do with your information
We never sell or share your information to other organisations to use for their own purposes.
If you would like further information about any of the details in this notice, please contact us by email or post:
Write to Forest Forge Theatre Company. Endeavour Park, Crow Arch Lane, Ringwood, BH24 1SF.
Phone: 01425 470188
Forest Forge Theatre is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected.
Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Forest Forge Theatre may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from May 2018.
What we collect
We may collect the following information on form submissions:
- Name and job title
- Contact information including email address
- Payment details through WooCommerce and Stripe
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at Forest Forge Theatre.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the data protection act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you, please write to Forest Forge Theatre.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us as soon as possible, via the contact form and we will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.